Airflo - Ridge Clear Fly Line
The problem with most clear fly lines is they aren’t as supple as other lines. With the introduction of this Airflo series, the problem has been solved. Ridge Clear combines the ultimate in stealth with incredible suppleness, even in cold-water conditions. You’ll find it easy to control in a wide range of water conditions. Tough coatings will not crack and delaminate. Ridges run along the full length of the line to reduce surface friction for improved distance casting. Imported.
Style: Weight Forward.
Color: Clear. Available: 3 wt., 4 wt., 5 wt., 6 wt.
- The Airflo Ridge Clear range is just that, a range of clear fly lines with nothing added and nothing taken away. The pure nature of the coating and clear core optimizes the clarity for ultimate stealth.
- Each fly line has a low optical density to enable it to disappear in water.
- Why the Airflo Ridge Clear Series? From experience with existing Floating ridge fly lines, Airflo just knew how much better the lines shot through the guides and wanted to offer the advantage in there new CLEAR line range.
- When the Ridges fill with water the clarity is incredible and this also helps effectively lubricate the fly line on each and every cast. Unlike some coating techniques, the ridges run along the lines full length and flow well through the rod guides with a minimum of noise, this indicates how little friction is being produced.
- The lines come in a Floating, Slow Inter with a sink rate of 0.5 and a Fast inter with a sink rate of 1.5. The lines are 35yds long and come in our favorite Delta Taper profile for the ultimate combination of distance and presentation.
Airflo - Ridge Supple Impact
Ridge Supple Impact Nymph line by Airflo
Whether your preferred technique is indicator nymphing, punching large dries into the wind or pitching your ‘hopper dropper’ into that ‘killer’ crease - then Ridge Supple Impact is the line for you. Based or our hugely successful ‘Nymph’ taper, this line is a capable performer and favourite of many of our staff when ‘one line fits all’ is necessary. The aggressive shorter front taper and larger tip diameter help cast all that "stuff". Also great for streamers, and perfect for dries when rigged with a nice long leader.
Airflo - Ridge Supple Tactical Trout
The Airflo Ridge Lines introduced a new concept to fly lines. That concept was to run ridges down the length of the entire line to reduce friction in the guides of the rod and help the line shoot. The ridges are hardly noticeable when you are looking for them... but you will definitely feel the difference on your first cast. The shootability of the Ridge Lines is outstanding and we've been very impressed with this line for durability, floatability, overall performance. If you're looking for something new in a fly line, give the Airflo Ridge Supple Tactical line a shot and you may find yourself joining the growing number of fans of these lines. Weight forward taper. Peach color. Floating line with a loop welded onto both ends of the line for easily connecting to your backing and adding your leaders.
Utilising the Tactical taper developed by Rene' Harrop, the Ridge Supple Technology improves the original beyond belief in cold conditions, making the line more supple in the hand and more importantly, this suppleness allows the flyline to follow the waters surface more effectively to help reduce drag and help you catch more fish.
Casting is improved in cooler temperatures with a coating that flexes easily, helping maintain ultra sharp loops and smoother casts. With the ultra low frictions Ridged surface and low stretch power core, the line generates incredible line speed to put your fly in the zone regardless of conditions.
Ridge Tactical is still available with the original coating in pale peach for those who prefer a stiffer line.
- Ridged XT Coating- minimal surface contact with rod guides
- Hi Float Tip- TDC variable density technology
- Power Core- High energy and low memory
- Micro loop- super smooth integrated welded loops
|RIDGE TACTICAlWF TAPER|
|TAPER||Tactical trout taper|
Ridge Ultra Supple (TDC for super high tip buoyancy)
light Trout, Trout
Tilton River SW Washington Cutthroats
Caught using "Airflo - Ridge Tactical Trout Flyline"